Saturday, April 28, 2007

I am my beloved and he is mine!

My boys are at Grandpa and Grandma's for the weekend and I have spent the last two hours cleaning. I can see the floor, the bathroom is shiny and when you walk onto the back porch, you can see the floor! No shoes, no coats, no bookbags, there is a floor! We are into the second week of mom having her first full-time job in almost twelve years and I was behind. Just this week, I had a bridal shower Monday night, spring program Tuesday night, AWANA awards night Wednesday night and my husband and I didn't want to miss "Amazing Grace" at our local theatre, so that was Thursday night. WOW. Needless to say, picking up and cleaning and even getting the dishes washed wasn't happening.

Now, before I get all the comments about enjoying this time and how fast it goes and how many years I'll have to enjoy a clean house, remember how you felt when you were in the middle of it and for those who are in the middle with me, say a nice long, "Ahhhh". It feels good. And I already know that time is going fast. Instead of house of little boys and babies I now have a house of big boys and one little man already! Very scary.

Speaking of time going fast, today is my anniversary! Twelve years of wedded bliss! That's why the boys are Grandma's. We had asked if they would come down and babysit tonight, but because of Dad teaching Sunday School, they couldn't, so they decided to just take the boys for the weekend! Okay!

What are you doing for your anniversary you ask? We are going to a wedding reception. Before you pooh-pooh that, think about it, free food and entertainment and a very romantic atmosphere? Perfect. Actually, the more we thought about it, the better it seemed. What better way to remember when our love was first new and why we fell in love in the first place than at a wedding?

We recently did a bible study by Dave and Claudia Arp entitled, "10 Great Dates for You and Your Mate" and the first date was remembering all your firsts. First date, first kiss, first time you talked about getting married, etc. It was good reminder of why we are together. A co-worker and her husband recently forgot that and were seperated for four weeks, seeking divorce when God intervened and the first thing their marriage counselor did was have them remember why they fell in love in the first place. What first attracted them to each other? It was neat to be doing this Bible Study at the same time and be able to share experiences with her.

So how are you doing? Do you and your beloved need to go back to the beginning? Do you need reminded why you ever loved him at all? Hire a babysitter, ask a friend to watch the kids, or go to the park and let them play while you and you beloved talk. Need help in knowing what to talk about? Click here

No comments: